Friday, December 17, 2010

Fresh Perspective

For some reason being home always allows me to look at things from a different point of view. Maybe its the fact that I just have time to actually think, or maybe it's being able to step outside of all the things that are happening and simply think about them, or maybe its a combination of the two. Most likely the third option. I am so incredibly excited about being home, sometimes I just stop and look around to make sure that I really am home and its not just all a dream. It seems like the past semester flew by before I could even stop and enjoy it. I mean don't get me wrong we had some good times and did some really exciting things. I learned A LOT about myself and the people I love dearly. But mostly I learned things about myself which is weird because I went into the semester thinking I already knew a lot about myself and that I needed to be focusing on what I was going to do with my life. Apparently that wasn't the case. However, I am thrilled at what the end of the semester has looked like and I am extremely excited about refueling over the break and then heading back to finish out the year.

This semester has given me the opportunity to figure out what I really think is important and what I want to spend my time doing. I have realized that people are more important to me that activities or things or many other things in life. I'm not certain that I didn't know this before, but I think now I am more willing and able to put this belief into practice. I have also learned that there are somethings in life that I will never be able to change. While I'm am still not happy about this, it has made many aspects of my life much easier. I have also realized that you can't make everyone happy, there will be times in life when someone will be upset, and they maybe upset for a very long time. This has probably been the hardest lesson to learn. I've spent a large portion of my life being the peace keeper in most things and relationships in my life. But, sometimes having peace is not always the best answer? mmmh... I'm still not too sure about this. But not everyone will be happy all the time, I'll work on that.
....

All of that being said I have a few goals for the break...
First and foremost I am trying very hard to remove several words/phrases from my vocabulary... "I feel like..." is the first one to go. "Moron" "idiot" and other things like that also must go.

The second thing I am trying very hard to do is think very carefully about what I say... I'm not sure what this might really mean... I don't know that its fair to say that I will only say exactly what I mean because jokes and sarcasm are a large part of my personality and I don't think it's fair for people to expect me to not joke, but I'm still praying about this and making sure my motives aren't selfish.

For now these are the two big ones, I am certain there are plenty more things I could work on but I think that resolving these two big ones will help in many many areas of my life!

Much to the aggravation of many this post does not contain certain BIG information about my life. Sorry kids, the next one I promise!

1 comment:

  1. i was talking about this with my parents earlier tonight. good things, we've learned. i'm sure it's only the beginning. but God is faithful. :)

    ReplyDelete